Emma, we don’t think we can stretch to a hotel holiday now we’ve only got one salary coming in. I’ve seen you recommend Baby Holidays and Toddler Holidays with Eurocamp, but I’m really unsure on the whole idea of taking a baby camping, is that actually do-able?!”
I know what you’re thinking Baby Holidays and Toddler Holidays…on Campsites! That’s the nuttiest thing you’ve ever heard of! You’re envisaging a toddler clambering all over you as you sleep together on the floor of a very confined space, he’s shouting that he’s desperate for the toilet, but there isn’t one. The ground sheet is leaking, there’s a hole in the roof, and there are toys where you thought you left your underwear. Your little one’s shouting at you because he’s hungry but there’s nowhere to prepare formula…this is not what Child Friendly Holidays are made of!
As someone who pretty much grew up on a Eurocamp site, I am pleased to report that this is a false image. Eurocamp have 40 years’ experience in creating perfect child friendly holidays, Baby Holidays and Toddler Holidays, and 91% of people who have holidayed with them would book again. Here are my top five reasons to bite the bullet and take your Baby Holidays and Toddler Holidays on Campsites this year:
1. The Accommodation. Eurocamp accommodation is not in keeping with your traditional view of camping, in fact, it’s a bit more like glamping, but at a better price. If you do opt for baby holidays and toddler holidays in tents, they will be very spacious, with separate sleeping compartments for you and the kids, and beds and cots provided. There are even curtains at the windows! Every tent comes fully equipped with it’s own stove, fridge and cooking equipment (and kettle for boiling water to make formula!). Your Toddler Holiday will be on a large, safe emplacement with room for your little one to play, and if it does rain, there’s room to play inside as you listen to the gorgeous sound of water hitting the canvas. It won’t be cold…it’s not England 🙂 Wash and toilet facilities are in a shower block, always very well maintained with plenty of hot water: it’s like a little adventure for little ones trotting over there (Eurocamp will give you a night-time potty at most of our Baby Holiday and Toddler Holiday sites).
If you’re not keen on sleeping in a tent, you can choose between a range of Baby Holidays and Toddler Holidays is Campsite Holiday home accommodation. This ranges from classic caravans to gorgeous vistas with en suite facilities and all of the mod cons. This way, you will have your own bathroom. They also come with a fully equipped kitchen. At some parks you can even hire a Miffy themed caravan especially created for toddler fun!
The accommodation is perfect for little campers as it’s all on one floor, and on special toddler safe pitches at our recommend parks for Child Friendly Baby Holidays and Toddler Holidays. Eurocamp can provide cots, highchairs, changing mats, baby baths and bed rails free of charge, and you can hire multi-terrain buggies so that you don’t have to pack them. At Eurocamp’s specially selected Paradise Parks (see below) all of your essentials for great Baby Holidays and Toddler Holidays are covered (including baby and toddler cutlery, a toilet step, plug socket covers, safety gates, black out blinds and night lights).
2. The Kids’ Clubs. Eurocamp baby and Kids’ clubs are second to none. The majority of hotels don’t provide entertainment for kids under 3, Eurocamp is the exception. Giggles are guaranteed at mini fun stations, learn to swim sessions, and tumble tots sessions, from just six months old. These generally run from May through to June, but at our recommended sites of Le Croix du Vieux Pont and La Garangeoire, they run throughout July and August too. Kids’ clubs are especially fun with Eurocamp, the kids don’t feel hemmed in, as the fun usually takes place outdoors or in a play tent, but with expert supervision. There was never an occasion when I didn’t enjoy going, and I was a shy child. The play tent is meant to have paint splashed all over it, and pictures on the walls, and children are encouraged to be children there. The best bit is that all of this fun comes free of charge! The Baby and Toddler clubs provide that little bit of “adult time” which just makes Baby Holidays and Toddler Holidays the “Best”.
3. These are Toddler Holidays and Baby Holidays full of activity. All of the sites we recommend on our campsites page have playgrounds and splash pools for little ones too, so besides the joy of just being on an adventure in the great outdoors, there’s always plenty for them to do. You can even hire play tents and rumble trucks, from as little as £2 a day. Some sites offer mini discos as well.
4. The journey. Eurocamp offers you the freedom to choose how you arrive at your Baby or Toddler Holiday destination. You have three options: you can fly, or take a Eurostar (lots of sites are situated near airports and terminals) or drive and take a ferry crossing. I would really recommend the latter option. Not only is it cheaper to drive to your destination, but you have the freedom to pack up your car with whatever you need (no restrictive luggage allowance), and stop and start as and when you need to. You won’t need to hire another car when you arrive, and you can park on your emplacement.
A ferry crossing is part of the joy of your holiday. It usually costs around £50 return per car, so it is very reasonable, and there are shops and entertainment on board too. For my family this was always an absolute highlight: we drove down to Dover in the morning, enjoyed a full English breakfast on the boat, and my sisters and I went and watched the cartoons in the cinema afterwards…it became a tradition. As a Eurocamp customer you can request a free baby and toddler cabin, so that little one can sleep during the journey if they need too.
Eurocamp will also help you to plan your route, and if you’re travelling south, it can be part of the fun to stop overnight at a quaint French hotel in gorgeous little village somewhere (we always had hot chocolate and croissants for breakfast, and took pockets full of sugar cubes away with us to eat in the car…what a treat!)
Check out our post on “Top ten games for cars and planes” for amusement inspiration!
5. The price. For everything that’s included, the prices of Eurocamp Baby Holidays and Toddler Holidays are just phenomenal, and far cheaper than any other Child Friendly Holiday option. Travelling in peak season (school summer holidays) you would be looking at paying around about £1000 for a week, for your whole family. Earlier in the season, in May for example, you could get a holiday from as little as £150, if you choose the right special offer….that’s including kids’ clubs!
Eurocamp have selected 80 Little Eurocamper Friendly Parks which are perfect for Baby Holidays and Toddler Holidays. Amongst these are 20 Paradise Parks, offering super top notch baby and toddler facilities.
All of our recommended Baby and Toddler Friendly campsites fall into these categories, please visit our Camping page for more details.
You can also go straight to the Eurocamp website to search what else they have to offer.
If you have a specific region in mind, or any further questions, please [email protected], and we’ll be happy to help you find the Best Baby Holiday, Toddler Holiday, and Child Friendly Holiday for you.