Beautiful, wonderful Majorca. I first went on holiday here when I was 12, and the more times I go, the more I want to go back. In my eyes it’s very hard to beat: breath-taking landscapes, gorgeous sunshine, beautiful beaches, loads to see and do, and plenty of peace and tranquillity too! Every time I return, I’m so glad I did. When we first took our little Sam at 2 years old, we were delighted that there was so much to amuse him on one of our favourite Islands. Since it’s just 2 hours flight from the UK, it’s a perfect destination for families with young children.
Here’s my round up of the Best Things to Do with Kids in Majorca (though really I’m just scratching the surface, and there are many, many more too!)
1. Take The Beautiful Train Ride from Palma to Soller. Most definitely my number one! This is the most beautiful wooden-carriaged train which rambles through the beautiful hills from Palma to stunning Soller. I would rate it completely un-missable. I used to love taking in this extraordinary journey when I didn’t have little ones, but it’s even more of a pleasure now that I do, as they love the whole train experience.
2. Ride the Ostriches at The Ostrich Farm, Campos. I love this for the fact that is so completely different. Where else in the world could you ride an Ostrich?! Only in Majorca 🙂 It’s a wonderful, fun-filled family day out, with the chance to eat and drink and enjoy the lovely shop too (TripAdvisor 5* rated!)
3. Enjoy an adventure at Jungle Park, Santa Ponsa. This is a great outdoor adventure park where you can enjoy nature, adventure and the adrenaline rush of swinging through trees! It’s fabulous for families with kids over four
4.Relax in the sun together at Beautiful Sa Rapita Beach. If it’s a day soaking up the sun on the beach you’re after, then this is a wonderful one. It boasts a pure 1.1km of fine white sand on the south of the Island. It also borders a nature reserve. The shallow waters stretch for miles before getting deep, making them ideal for children
5. Enjoy some splash fun at Water Park Alcudia, Western Park Magaluf or Aqualand Magaluf. Majorca has many fantastic waterparks offering splash fun for big kids and for smaller kids too. For younger ones, Western Park has a wonderful kids’ zone, but if you fancy mini golf thrown in, then Water Park Alcudia is the one for you.
6. Visit Marineland in Costa d’en Blanes. A wonderful family day out with dolphin and sea lion shows, an aquarium, and a private beach included too!
7. Get up close and personal with the monkeys are Safari Zoo, Porto Cristo. This is a wonderful zoo with excellent wildlife. It’s a fantastic opportunity to drive through open animal enclosures: the monkeys are particularly friendly! There are several excellent playgrounds to enjoy as well.
8. Run and play at Palma’s Adventure playground. It’s situated behind Palma Museum and is a great place to pass a morning on safe play equipment.
9. Head to Palma Aquarium. It has “touch pools” where kids can interact with the animals and a play area with a pirate ship to explore. During the summer you can enjoy water fights and face painting!
10. Explore gorgoeus Arta. This is a beautiful, authentic Majorcan town. It’s crowning glory is its hill top fortress. You can climb the turrets and look down on the rooftops of the pretty town below. Obviously, all little ones love a good castle, ours certainly did 🙂
Find your baby or child friendly holiday to beautiful Majorca here.