Stunning Menorca is known to its admirers as the jewel of the Balearics, as you are constantly surrounded by natural beauty. Life’s very much a beach here, with more long sandy stretches than Menorca and Ibiza put together. Menorca is much smaller and quieter than her lively sister Island Majorca, but still a perfect family holiday destination, just two hours flight from the UK.Our recommended hotels here are Holiday Village Menorca and the Paradise Club and Spa in the attractive port of Cala n Bosch, with beautiful open air cafes and trendy bars. Both hotels offer fantastic family-friendly accommodation (TripAdvisor 4.5*!) and plenty of splash and play fun to entertain your little ones during the day, but here’s a round up of the best things to do with kids outside of your hotel:
1. Menorca boasts miles of beautiful, safe, sandy beaches which are fantastic for little ones to explore and snorkel in. The very best are the beautiful pine-clad bay of Cala Galdana, or Son-Bou (the longest stretch of beach in Majorca). Both offer beach bar facilities and a good range of water sports fun, they also offer extra play facilities for little ones during peak months.
2. Castillo Menorca is a wonderful attraction for kids, with a go-cart track, swimming pool and mini golf.
3. Take the kids to Aquarock for loads of splash fun! There are big scary slides but lots of gentler fun and a wave pool for little ones too!
4. Lloc de Menorca zoological park is a lovely day out, with exotic animals to see lemurs to feed, a park for the children, all set amidst beautiful gardens.
5. Catch a Glass-Bottomed boat from Cala n’ Bosch beach and try to spot the many different types of fish which inhabit the area!
A gorgeous holiday on this stunning island is not to be missed, please click here to find out more about our hotel recommendations in Menorca and to book your next holiday.