Spring is in the air in Cornwall! The birds are starting to sing, the sun is starting to shine, the long-awaited flowers are starting to pop through the dewy green grass and, finally, the air is getting a little bit warmer. Hoorah! It’s the most delicious time to Escape to the open Countryside of Beautiful Cornwall.
What’s On in Cornwall this Easter?
Some of Cornwall’s finest attractions are hosting special events and child friendly fun this Easter. Here are our special top picks:
1. Fun and Games at The Lost Gardens of Heligan. They are a world of romance, relaxation and adventure to be enjoyed by all the family. Cornwall’s Stunning Lost Gardens boast farms, barns, jungles and 200 acres of natural playground. This Easter the Gardens will be extra fun, with egg rollings, egg and spoon races, a Lost Eggs obstacle course and Hobby Donkey Derby, to name but a few!
2. Egg Hunts at the Eden Project. Cornwall’s very own tropical paradise will be running an extra special programme for Easter Guests. There will be a traditional Easter Egg hunt to take part in, plus extra fun activities such as Egg Scramble, Nest Ball and fairground games to enjoy.
3.Be a Dragon Egg Hunter at Tintagel Castle. Set off on a quest to crack the clues and then claim your chocolate reward! Surround yourself in myth and history as you learn all about the legend of Kind Arthur Amidst stunning scenery.
4. Join the Golden Egg Hunt at Camel Creek Adventure Park. There is so much fun to be had here, including adventure rides, animal stroking and even a visit with some friendly Meerkats! On 3 April Peppa Pig will be making an appearance. Join in the golden Egg Hunt and claim your free Easter Egg when you visit this Easter.
5. Make like a Monkey at the Monkey Sanctuary! Visit 37 different species of monkeys and go wild at the monkey play gym. Colour and craft your own monkies too!
6. Hunt for a Cadbury’s Milk Chocolate Egg at Lanydrock. Lanhydrock is a beautiful Victorian Estate, ready and waiting for the whole family to enjoy and explore. Follow the trail and find the clues to your Easter Egg Surprise this Easter!
If you need somewhere to stay, you will find all the very best Family Friendly Accommodation in Cornwall listed at www.bestchildfriendlyholidays.co.uk. From Farm Stays with Farmer activities and animals to see and care for, to play barns, to pool fun, to babysitting and baby equipment: everything is covered. For Farm and cottage accommodation please click here. For Family Friendly Resort Accommodation, please click here.
Happy Easter Everyone!
(Photo credit: Wringwothy Cottages Cornwall)